INGREDIENTS FOR GIRTS:
- 1 c. Quaker Quick Grits
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Paprika
- 3/4 c. X-sharp Cheddar (White)
- 1 tbsp. Tabasco Hot Sauce
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Cook grits according to instructions on the package.
- As grits are finishing, whisk in butter, cheddar, parmesan, cayenne, paprika, and Tabasco.
- After all of the ingredients are incorporated, season with salt and pepper.
INGREDIENTS FOR SHRIMP:
- 2 c. Chopped Smoked Bacon
- 3 c. Sliced White Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. White Wine
- 1 1/2 lb. 21-30 count peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 c. Sliced Scallions
- 3 tsp. Minced Garlic
PART 2 OF COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Cook bacon until it begins to brown, remove from heat, strain, and reserve bacon grease and bacon bits.
- Heat a large skillet until very hot, add olive oil, and 2 tbsp. bacon fat.
- As oils begin to smoke, toss in shrimp to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Before stirring, season with salt and pepper (this will season shrimp in particular but the rest of the dish as well).
- Stir until shrimp begin to turn pink all over (let pan return to original hot temperature.
- Stir in minced garlic and bacon bits (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Toss in mushrooms and coat with oil briefly.
- Add lemon juice and wine, stir for 30 seconds or so until everything is well coated and incorporated.
- Assuming that this is ready to be served, toss in sliced scallions and stir for about 20 seconds (if these hold too long before -serving, they will begin to turn brown and lose all of their crunch).
- Serve over the aforementioned, patiently-waiting cheese grits.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, try some of our other Shrimp Recipes. Whatever is on your menu, Biloxi Shrimp Co. can ship the delicious, wild-caught shrimp you need right away. Browse from our selections of wild-caught Gulf Coast shrimp, place your order and get ready to enjoy delicious fresh shrimp with family and friends today!