Watch Tik Tok Video Recipe HERE!
Old Bay Seasoning to taste
Zatarain's Crab Boil Liquid (1 tsp, optional)
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup uncooked regular grits (not instant)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick, room temp)
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's (or preferred Cajun seasoning/season to taste preference)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1red bell pepper, diced
1 (16 oz.) container of Guidry's pre-cut seasoning vegetables
(or in lieu of pre-cut, you can chop your own combination of the vegetables below)
-½ cup green bell pepper, diced
-½ cup celery, diced
-½ cup yellow onion diced
-½ tsp Parsley
-2 Tbsp garlic, minced
-¾ cup chopped green onions
1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs (regular)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups Pepper Jack Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Thaw shrimp out if needed in a colander set in a larger bowl. Cover raw shrimp with Old BayDrySeasoning. Set aside.
3. Bring chicken broth to a boil in alarge saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk ingrits,andcook per package instructions. Stir in butter once liquid is absorbed.
4. Stir together eggs, salt, red pepper, Tony Chachere’s, black pepper, red pepper, Creole Seasoning mix (or ingredients of the mix), breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and ¾ cup of the pepper jack cheese in a large bowl
5. Begin stirring in the hot grit mixture into the mix slowly. Stir constantly until all incorporated.
6. Take the thawed shrimp from the colander and incorporate the seasoned shrimp into the grits mixture. You may add more seasoning at this point for more seasoning.
7. Pour entire mixture into a lightly greased pan.11x7 baking dish or larger.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until mixture is set. Let stand 10 minutes. Halfway through baking top with remaining Pepper Jack cheese.