One of the things we love most about shrimp is how versatile they are, making them the ideal candidate for a variety of appetizers. If you're looking for perfect party snacks, we at Biloxi Shrimp Co. not only provide wild-caught U.S. shrimp all across the country, but we've also got some easy-to-make recipes for you!
Sweet & Savory Coconut Shrimp
If you’re looking for a sweet and savory way to kick off a dinner party, you have got to try these mouthwatering coconut shrimp. This light and flavorful dish will hold guests over with their tasty flavor until the main course while still leaving room for more!
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ panko bread crumbs
- 1 c sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 lb. Extra Small Peeled & Deveined Tail-Off Wild-Caught U.S. Shrimp
- 3-4 tbsp preferred cooking oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro to garnish
- Set out three separate bowls for a dredging station. In the first bowl, add flour, salt and pepper. In the second bowl, beat the two eggs until homogenous. In the third bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and shredded coconut.
- Dredge shrimp in the egg wash, then flour.
- Dip shrimp in the egg wash again before coating with the panko mixture.
- Add the oil to a large skillet and set to medium heat.
- Fry the shrimp for approximately two minutes. Try not to overcrowd the pan, as this will slow the cooking process
- Gently pat dry to absorb excess oil and enjoy.
If most of us can agree on anything, it's that bacon makes any dish better, and that includes shrimp. There's a reason that juicy wild-caught Gulf shrimp wrapped in sizzling strips of bacon is considered one of the ultimate party snacks!
- 1 lb. Jumbo Peeled & Deveined Tail-Off Wild-Caught U.S. Shrimp
- 7 pieces of thick-cut bacon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ c brown sugar
- ½ tbsp chipotle chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the bacon into thirds and wrap it around the shrimp so it overlaps. Take a toothpick and push it through the overlapped section.
- Place the bacon-wrapped shrimp on the baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over low heat and combine with the brown sugar and chipotle powder.
- Stir until fully incorporated.
- Brush the bacon-covered shrimp with a liberal coating of the melted butter mixture.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, take the shrimp out, flip them over and brush them again with the butter mixture.
- Place the shrimp back in the oven and broil for two minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven, plate and enjoy.
Order Wild-Caught American Shrimp Today
Biloxi Shrimp Co. provides wild-caught American shrimp to people all over the country. With plenty of options to choose from, you’ll always be able to find the perfect shrimp for your dish. Click here to order mouthwatering wild-caught shrimp straight from the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico!